Friday, February 1, 2013

Thailand.. fun facts I've learned so far

Waterboats (Bangkok):
These things are crazy.. sometimes they're called water taxis too. Well first, they load as many people on as they possibly can, and then as it stops to let people off, they bang against the dock, a guy jumps onto it, and then holds the rope connected to the boat as people jump off onto the dock.

Monks:
The monks here are dressed all in orange and you can see then on trains, minibuses, tuktuks, in the temples, etc... Girls are not suppose to sit next to monks. I'm not sure of the exact reason why.. but I'm sure one can guess.

Taxi, tuk tuk, or moto:
there are a series of options people can take to get from place to place.. all of which rip you off.
- A taxi can be like at home.. in a car. It Bangkok they were a bunch of different bright colors; bright orange, pink, blue..
- A tuktuk is much smaller & can fit fewer people in them. They are cheaper than a taxi, but don't go as far.
- A moto is a small motorbike that can fit about 1 person, but it is the cheapest route. The mototaxi guys where an orange vest, to signify they're a taxi service.

Shoes:
It is a way of life that when you go inside, you take your shoes off at the door.. stores, reception areas, houses, inside hostels.. it was different and felt weird at first, but now I can't get enough of it!

Thank you:
They really do bow to thank you.. I love it soo much and I don't think I can ever say thank you again without putting my hands together and bowing! My future students will surely get a kick out of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment