Monday, February 4, 2013

Phi Phi Island

Phi Phi island was great.. unfortunately this post is about 2-3 weeks late, but here it is anyway!
The movie "The Island" was filmed at Phi Phi island.. which is really called Koh Phi Phi (Koh meaning island)... And Phi is not pronounced fee, it's pronounced pee!  So I went to Koh pee pee island ;) and had an awesome time.

I just wanted people to take me around and show me beautiful things, so I ended up doing a day tour. I met a dude from Canada at my hostel and we did the day tour together.

It started off with the bus to the pier, then we took a speed boat to Koh Phi Phi.
It was quite..
wet.
You see, the sea was not clear at all, very choppy rather.. luckily I did not get sea sick, but I was in the part of the boat along with this guy I met from Russia, where every time we hit a wave.. the wave then hit us. And we were SOAKED within seconds... my bag, me, everything!  Dropping from head to toe. It was a gorgeous ride though!

Unfortunately at one point, a man got sea sick, his wife or gf or whatever really helped him out though, he didn't look good at all.. came rushing to the back of the boat at one point.. and he laid down, his head right next to me.. so I immediately got up and went upfront to sit where they had been. Luckily I did, because the next thing I knew, he was getting sick. So that was the gross moment of the day.. the rest went quite smoothly!

We went to:
Maya Bay (where the beach was filmed)
Viking Cave
Khai Nai Island for sightseeing
Koh Sama Bay for snorkeling
Monkey beach (I got to feed and hang out with some monkeys)!
And then to snorkeling and relax on Koh Khai Nai

It was a lot of fun, and the ride back was 1,000,000X better!

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment