Friday, February 1, 2013

Barbeque on the beach - Koh Samui

I arrived, and was walking around by the pier,deciding what I wanted to do to get to my hostel.. walk, but I didn't have a map, taxi, but that was soo much money, or bus, but I could not find it!  Next I decided to ask a guy (who ended up being an Aussie) on a moto if he knew where Bophut Beach, Bangrak was and showed him where I was going (I had directions writen down).. he continued to tell me he knew where it was and where I needed to go, but then he just shook his head and said, I can just take you. So I hopped on, and he drove me to my hostel!  I offered to give him money, and he said no way.. People are awesome (I have a lot of paying it forward to do when I get home)... I'm 100% Ok with that though.

I got to my hostel and within the first 10 minutes of waiting for my bed to be made, I met soo many people and ran into someone I met on the way to Phuket over a week ago!   Everyone was headed to the market to get meat for a barbeque and asked me to join :)
So naturally I said yes.

We ended up getting a free ride to the market, and then I experienced my first local fish market!  After, we went to a Rasta Bar nearby, that one of the girls knew about. She's friends with the local. I got mango juice.. and I think it was probably one of the best mango juices I've ever had!  It had such an AMAZING view!  You could see the other islands across the water, beautiful clouds above them, and so many boats in the water.  Then we went back to the hostel and started preparing all the meat and vegetables we bought with home made spices and sauces.  As we were cooking, one by one people throughout the hostel kept hearing about the barbeque on the beach that was happening tonight, and asked if they could join.. of course they could join, but going from 7 to 15 created the dilemma of possibly not having enough food... That's no problem though!  They just stopped at the 7/11 after we started down to the beach.
We had to gather some wood first and carry it down to the beach along with everything else!

It was an amazing time and we just hung out on the beach all night long. It was such a nice experience that I will never forget.

I dont think I've ever met soo many new friends in soo little time while travelling as I did here.

I loved my time on Koh Samui. Aaand I found a travel partners for the next week! 

<3 Wooh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment