Monday, February 4, 2013

Koh Phangan & Full Moon Party

So I met some Aussies, Brenden and Matt, on my way to Koh Tao, and they told me to let them know if I'd be headed to Koh Pangan for the full moon party on the 26th/Australia Day, because they have a place where I could stay for the night and where I could chuck my bag. 

So after debating for a bit in Koh Tao, I decided to go and contact them via Facebook, and right away they sent me their room number and where they were staying. AWESOME. It truly solidified my decision.

When I got to the island I took a moto taxi and he full on dropped me off at the WRONG PLACE!  That sucked soo bad! So I started walking to the main road and got another taxi to drive me to the resort.. Yes. A resort.. not a hostel. This place was insanely BEAUTIFUL!  AND!  IT had an infinity pool!  Where it looks like it runs into the ocean!  And it had aircon, AND they got me a BED!  IT was sooo great!  By far the best place I've stayed.

On the night of the full moon extravaganza in which everyone goes to the beach, dresses in fluorescent colors, paints their faces, and has a blast on the night of the full moon.. we headed out to dinner, where I full on got a hamburger.. Yes, I got a hamburger in Thailand.. I was in need of some American food, I just couldn't help it! 

Then we headed off to the beach, Brenden bought some fluorescent paint and a paintbrush.. while him and Matt used the paintbrush, I attempted to create something on my shoulder with my fingers.. it looked pretty rubbish, and guess what!?  As I was wiping it off, a local Thai girl offered to paint me! and of course I said Yeah!! It was soo great!  We spent about an hour just hanging out and painting each other.  At the end I wanted to give her some money as a thank you, but she refused to take it! We took some photos, exchanged names for fb, of course, and we were on our way (after sneaking some Bahts in her bag).

It was a great time on the beach, lots of music, dancing, glowsticks, fire shows, and just lots of people from all over the world!

It was an utter blast! 

The next day I walked down the beach and just relaxed by the pool.. it was such a good time.

Thanks again boys.

<3 

Next stop, Koh Samui!!







No comments:

Post a Comment