Monday, February 4, 2013

Koh Tao

The cheapest way to Koh Tao ended up taking me 24 hours. You see, I had to wait in Surathani on the way there for my night ferry. They offered me one that would get me there on 45 minutes and I Also wouldn't have to wait 5 hours for it to leave, but I was trying to not have to out for accommodation that night in Koh Tao, so I decided to spend the day in the city then take a night ferry later on. I found some bubble tea, which was awesome. And then as they drove me to the pier later on, I met 2 guys from Australia (ended up meeting with these 2 again on Koh Pangan)! Then when it was finally time to catch the ferry, I met a couple from Sweden!  Soo many Swedish people!  They were great, we ended up finding accommodation together the next morning, and spent the next few days together at a small resort on the south side of the island. This is where I stayed in my first bungalow!  It was gorgeous!!

The next few days I spent relaxing, walking to town and other areas of the island, and really just being a bit of a beach bum. It was soo great.

As I was leaving Koh Tao, I bought my ticket to Koh Phangan (another island) at the resort, and asked for a taxi. Haha ooh Thailand... They figured that since I don't have a big bag, they can just taxi me by motorbike. This is a normal thing here, but I hadn't done it yet, let alone with my bag on. I made it though!  With No scrapes or anything! 

Now I'm on my way! 

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment