Monday, February 4, 2013

Traveling through Thailand: transport

Well, I have just had some all around crazy experiences travelling through this country so far. Buses, minibuses, boats, ferries.. and it all takes a bit of patience, and a whole bunch of waiting.

Bangkok to Phuket
- Taxi
- Minibus
- Overnight bus
- Minibus
- Taxi

Phuket to Koh Tao
- Minibus
- Bus
- Overnight ferry

Koh Tao to Koh Pangan
- Moto taxi
- Boat
- Moto
- Taxi

Koh Pangan to Krabi
- Boat
- Bus

Krabi to Koh Lanta
- Minibus/taxi
- Boat
- Taxi

Koh Lanta to Penang (this was just hilarious)
- Minibus
- Ferry
- Minibus
- Ferry (the guy in front of me said after getting on this ferry and looking back, " That ramp there.. I think it's meant to go up. And that safety gate.. I think that's meant to be closed." Hahaha. Awe mann..
- Minibus
- Taxi minibus
- Taxi
- ? ...we'll see tomorrow night!

Needless to say.. I miss the train system in Europe.

...patience Miranda, patience.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment