Friday, February 15, 2013

My bus left me at the border in Singapore...

Welp.. I didn't have the best experience while getting to Singapore.

The bus left without me at the border. Wtf.
  Who does that!?

I wasn't happy at all. It's funny now, but I hope that not many people have to experience that.. because it sucked.
Really bad.

No phone.
No money.
No bus.
No clue what to do.

I let some tears flow, and then after, I got my head on straight, got some money from an ATM, and asked someone about a bus into the city..

Much easier said than done of course... The ATM was a 15 minute walk away (and I wandered around looking for it for quite awhile), and there were about 10 buses to chose from.. and it was hard to understand the people I asked for help.

Ask me to tell the story in person when you see me.

Luckily I found Wi-Fi when I got into the city... After the bus driver gave me the wrong currency back, costing me about $5 more than it was suppose to.. I got a hold of my friend and we were able to find each other.

We planned our trip to Indoneaia a bit, and then went walking around and then into Chinatown and Marina Bay (with the Merlion) that night for dinner.

The next day we bought our flights to Jakarta, Indonesia!  Planned, met up with another friend we met when we were in Koh Samui, and then went out for a Chinese New Year dinner with his aunt, her sister, and frien! 

That was really cool! We got this dish (I forget what it's called) that they only serve during the Chinese New year... It's tradition to toss everything together in it; the carrots, salad, vegetables, fish, etc.
How it's done is we all got chopsticks and tossed it at the same time, lifting everything high into the air and mixing it!  All while we wished each other out loud, luck, happiness, health, and a prosperous new year.  It was really cool to have been able to experience that tradition.  :)

<3

Next stop:  Jakarta, Indonesia!


No comments:

Post a Comment