Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bavaria, Germany

I can't believe it. We're on our way to Bavaria right now to see some castles, and it's been cloudy and foggy the whole right out to Munich from Salzburg. After we switched trains, the sky cleared up and I started to see just how colorful it is right now!

The hills that go for miles are as green as Kelly green, and the farm houses are absolutely gorgeous!  The sky is soo blue and is incredibly compliments the insanely orange yellow and red trees!  They must be at their peak right now with fall because it looks the most colorful I've seen yet. The mountains are in the distance and covered by haze, but you can still see the silhouettes it's absolutely stunning!

I wasn't expecting it, I was told to hike around in Bavaria, but I did not expect how beautiful it is right now!  We visited Schloss Hohenschwangau, one of the castles, and toured it, but just looked at the other, Schloss Neuschwanstein. After, we decided to hike around. I have never seen fall this beautiful.

I love how in Spain, I was soo excited to see a yellow tree, and in Switzerland I was excited that I got to see multiple yellow and some orange trees on the mountains, and now I'm getting to see fall in Bavaria, with castles, surrounding a lake, with mountains, and at it's peak color!  We hiked down to the water because we were up a little bit on the trail, but wanted to get a more open view. And there sterner little houses, or old cabin things sporadically along the water. They're pretty cool. I haven idea what they were used for but the one had a bunch of water in it and the other, I couldn't get to because a fence was blocking off.

We're now just sitting by the lake, listening to all the birds and ducks.. some of the ducks keep going after each other; biting each other's feathers and stuff!

This place is beautiful, I really can't say it enough. The water is that blueish green color, the trees surrounding it are incredibly bright fall colors, layers of mountains on front of me and behind me, and the brightest blue sky.

I couldn't ask for more today.

<3 M



2 comments: