Saturday, October 20, 2012

Zurich, Switzerland

We stayed with my CouchSurfing  friend Dariush in Zurich. He took us around the city last night and showed us all the nice view and told us about places to go, to spend the next day in Zurich.

Before we left Dariush's this morning, we got to shower and put on newly cleaned clothes!  He had a washer AND a drier.. which has been unheard of this whole time I've been traveling.. most countries hang dry their clothes. So I smell So good now! And I'm truly clean!  This is a whole new happiness I haven't had for about 2 weeks! Oh!  I forgot to say that I got to DRY my hair too!  He had a hair dryer can you believe it!? I also had tine to pluck my eyebrows AND put on makeup before we headed out!  I was soo dang happy this morning...

We mainly just hung out and walked around Zurich all day after the most lovely morning:) We first ate lunch on a little bench along the river, then walked to this wall in the city that gives you a nice panoramic view of Zurich, walked along the river, shopped around (which means we walked in and out of shops, never actually buying anything lol), and went to Lake Zurich. 

Now I'm on the way to Austria!

And Awe Mann!  ...I'm on the train now to Salzburg, Austria and I just saw someone walk by with a snowboard and all his gear.... Soooo. Damn. Jealous!

I love all these mountains, but it's killing me knowing I'm not going to be able to board this winter:(  I would love to hit up these mountains, but my budget just can't afford them... one day I will though.

No comments:

Post a Comment