Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This is incredible...

We flew to Switzerland this morning.. arriving in Geneva was probably the prettiest flight experience I've ever been through.. the view of the mountains from the sky were incredible. it was soo awesome seeing soo many and all full of snow and ice. I started to worry about the temperature a bit, but it's not too bad.. about 50-60 degrees. I may have to buy a jacket once I get to Germany in a week though...

We decided to head right toward Interlaken by train, and instead of getting there quickly, we took the scenic train. It is amazing how big and how close we are to there mountains!  Best spur of the moment decision, by far!  Sometimes the longer route is the best one to take.. and it certainly was in this circumstance.

The mountains are literally all around the train, towering toward the sky. It is one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen, reminds me of Alaska quite a bit.

I was listening to Sigor Ros on the train and found myself coming to tears earlier, because I just could not believe how blessed I am to have been able to do something like this.  To experience such beautiful things, to recognize the beauty in them, and to have the courage to come see the world. I am soo humbled when I am in nature like this, it really helps me to recognize just how small I am in a world so big, but with feelings and emotions that are so good and feel like they are sky high.  It truly helps me to see God when I am traveling and learning about this world he created for us. I can't believe there are such beautiful this out here that so many won't see in their lifetimes, but I sure pray that they do. And that they are able to see the beauty in the world as it was meant for us.  Of course maybe others see beauty in other things, the way I see it in the world. God I hope so, because this is incredible.

At one point we were going past a mountain and all of a sudden I saw a waterfall shooting out the side of it!  It was the coolest thing, it wasn't coming from the top or anything.. it was literally just jetting out of the side of it!  And as soon as I think there can't possibly be more mountains around me, I look ahead and there's a million more!   Some with ice and snow, some with trees, some with just rock.. always surprising me!  This is incredible.

I really wish I had a better vocabulary, so I could better put into words the amazingness of what I am seeing and experiencing right now... Breathtaking...

There are now hills leading to the mountains on my left, and on the hills are little villages, churches, houses, farms, and vineyards..  beautiful!!  I am beside myself...

I wrote this blog sporadically throughout 4 hours of train riding through the Swiss Alps..
Soundtrack of the day included: Sigor Ros and A.R. Rahman. 







No comments:

Post a Comment