Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Time to think...

I'm currently drinking a chocolate milkshake at a restaurant along a beach in Porto. It's awesome. The chairs are facing the water, waves are in front of me, rocks are all along the beach, and a view for miles in all directions. Unfortunately today is a little cloudy, but by no means bad. It hasn't rained, it's just been overcast skies all day.. a little chilly here along the beach, with the wind though. And the milkshakes aren't helping hah. They're a bit different here.. it doesn't seem like they made it with ice cream, but actually just milk, ice, and chocolate. Still good though! 

Today I had to say goodbye to Emanuel and Julian, they are headed back to France, and were just here for a quick little 3 day vacation. we did not exchange contact information, which is really hard for me to do. I notice that most when I'm travelling, the first time I noticed it was in Australia. Because those of you who know me, know how loving I am (at least I hope you've realized this about me lol).. and if I connect with someone, it's like I want to stay in contact forever..  but that's not how it works.. I really can't be friends with everyone lol. It's a bit disappointing.. but I understand. Because people are meant to enter and leave our lives. And the amount of time I spend with one or the other, may just depend on what I'm meant to learn from them or what they're meant to learn from me. I have life long friends at home, and maybe I'll meet lifelong friends while traveling.. who knows.. but I do know that even though I may come across someone for a little while, it does not mean they meant any less.. it just means that that's the time we needed for each other.

So what I must remember, is even those little encounters with people at the supermarket or in a hostel or on a line for a train, I must remember to be gracious for them all because no matter what happens I am being taught something, being humbled, and changed for the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment