Monday, January 7, 2013

Zagreb, Croatia

Well.. I had to leave Shengan one last time before going to Thailand on Saturday. And I decided to go to Croatia!  I went to the capital, Zagreb, and I really loved it!!  On the first night I stayed at a hostel because I didn't find a host in time, and I loved that as well, so much that I almost just stayed.. the reception guys were unbelievably helpful and friendly, I felt so comfortable and welcome! And it was really laid back.  But the next 2 nights I found a host, so I decided to spar myself the 25€ and stay with her and her boyfriend.

They were awesome and I had such an amazing time!!  I'm happy about my decision to stay with them, it's the first host ice stayed with that didn't have any recommendations, so I had to be weary at the beginning, but they ended up being seriously wonderful.

Before I met up with Eva, that day I went walking all over. There were TONS of people in the city! It was a Saturday and the first one after new years.. it was crowded!!!  I had such a nice time just wandering and discovering on my own though.. it was the first beautiful day I had seen in awhile; blue skies behind the city buildings made it all really pretty and enjoyable.. plus, it was soo warm I didn't even feel like I needed a jacket at one point! But then a brisk wind reminded me it was winter..

Eva met me outside the train station, by where all the trams go by there was a statue, then we went back to her place where I met Robert her boyfriend. He made us soup!  We hung out awhile just chatting and having a lot of laughs, I really felt instantly comfortable with them, I could totally see myself going back to Zagreb, and trying to hang with them again.

That night, Eva and I went to this Cinema place to hang out with a bunch of her friends.. it was a blast!! So much that the next day, we got quite a late start, then just went walking around the city. We got to see it at night which was really beautiful. Then we went to a pub and just hung out with the locals and talked for a few hours. Later on we went back to her place, ordered a pizza (that came in a teenaged mutant ninja turtles box!), watched a movie, and then went to bed.

The next day I headed out to Salzburg again to get ready for our Garmisch ski trip!  It was really bittersweet though, I had such a lovely time at Eva and Robert's, I could've definitely stayed longer.

But alas, it was time to go at 6am... Aahh!  (That's waayy too early btw)..

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment