Monday, January 7, 2013

A little tour of Austria: Steyr & Vienna

After New Years, on the 2nd, I said goodbye to some new friends, and headed to travel around Austria for a bit with Louie, Joe, Erika, Stevie, Jack and Loraine before I had to escape to Croatia for a few days.

We went to Steyr and Vienna.

On our way to Steyr, we stopped in Linz to have brunch with someone Erika went to high school in Austria with. Then we made it to Steyr and got an afternoon tour of the city from Joe. It a really nice city, but it was soo cold! We also saw some mountain goats!

When Joe was younger he did a foreign exchange in Austria, and then when Erika was in high school she did the same, and stayed with the same family!  They call them Oma and Opa, because they are basically their Austrian grandparents. That night we had dinner with them and more of the family that they are close with. It was such a lovely night. I don't know why, but throughout my time there I just felt soo gracious for everything, and everyone who I was with. They were such wonderful people and I am humbled to have be able to meet them.

That next day, we left for Vienna (Wien), it was too soon to go though, we all felt it. Our time there was short, but sweet, and it will not be forgotten.

When we got to Vienna, we dropped our bags off and Joe gave us a tour here too! We walked all around, the city was lit up with beautiful lights and the streets were nicely decorated, the stores were very expensive name brands (not for me at all), and the people loved their dogs. We went to the cathedral which was gorgeously placed in the middle of the city center, and when we went in, everything was lit up with colored lights!  It looked like it was tie dyed and we have no idea why lol.

Afterward, Louie, Erika, Stevie, and I went and got gelato..  it was legit gelato too.. and soo good!! Then we all met up again for dinner with some of their friends.

The next day I was to go to Zagreb, Croatia at 4pm, but before that, we all met up, because we were staying in different places, and went to the palace!  It was big. After, we went to find a place to eat for lunch and then it was time for me to say goodbye. I would see Louie in a few days, but I had to say goodbye goodbye to the rest :(  I didn't like that at all.
It was time for Traveller Miranda to keep on travellin.

<3 M







No comments:

Post a Comment