Monday, January 7, 2013

The Worst Part About Travelling...

My time in Europe is coming to an end, and I am feeling absolutely overwhelmed with emotion. Especially since being in Salzburg. I have been surrounded with such amazing people.

It all started when I was travelling with Leslie, and we went to Salzburg because she has a friend, Louie, who is working there. We all had a great time. And later on through my trip I told him how I was trying to stay through Christmas and he said I could come to Salzburg for Christmas!

He encouraged me even more by also inviting me to ski in the Alps. I really couldn't turn it down then. So I gave him a definite answer yes, and within no time I was there on 23 December. 

He introduced me to a lot of people; friends, family, coworkers, friends of coworkers. And we all had a blast together over the holiday; skiing, celebrating new years, and just hanging out.

After new years, we visited around Austria a bit and I was lucky enough to meet some more amazing family friends in Steyr, this is when I really started feeling really emotional, when I had to say goodbye to their Oma & Opa before going to Vienna. They were such amazing people, and our time there was just waayyy too short.

Life here is just so beautiful, I can hardly put it into words. When we go out to eat, we actually spend time together, we don't just leave after the meal is through.

More houses and flats that I've been to haven't had any TV, which I think is really great, because when friends get together, there is nothing distracting us from each other.

I'm going to miss these things very much, but the better things are, the harder they are; meting people, seeing new places, and experiencing new things are soo incredible, but with all the good they come with, makes it harder to say goodbye, leave a place, and end an experience.

Any who.. I've developed a nickname over the past 3 weeks.. it's Traveller Miranda (since there were 2 Miranda's, they started just calling me Traveller)..
And it's my time to live up to it again.

So, simply said..
the worst thing about going somewhere is having to eventually leave it, and the bad thing about meeting amazing people is having to say goodbye..
But I must say, I wouldn't change any of these moments and experiences I've had, for anything.. no matter how hard it may be in the end..

I saw this quote the other day, and I don't think one could be any more perfect:

"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
- Winnie the Pooh.

...couldn't have said it better myself Winnie..

<3 M

No comments:

Post a Comment