Monday, April 29, 2013

Singapore try #2: lets give it another go

Getting to Singapore was much better this time around.. I arrived at the airport and got through customs with no problems and then I met with my friend Anson, who I was to stay with the next few days, under the Meeting Point sign. Very nice and easy, with no customs officer to talk to or extra fees to pay... Was a good day!

Now, if you've been following this blog, you might remember Anson from my post about Berlin. He is the one who got me the Cirque du Soleil tickets for me for my birthday! And he is on his break before they go to Brazil, and back home in Singapore. So we were able to meet up and I'm staying with him and his family! :) Couchsurfing is soo great, how it creates such awesome new friendships..

So basically, my 2nd time in Singapore has been full of AMAZING food, weather, and friends! I tried soo many new things! I WISH I remembered the names of everything!!

Anson took me all around and introduced me to many of his friends. We went to Chinatown, local food courts (which they call coffee shops), a temple, many malls, an Indian food place where I tried Teh Tarik and drank a mango shake out of a plastic bag, we walked down the really rich street full of expensive malls and shops, had dinner at a Japanese restaurant, then went to martini night (2 for 1), then to a Chinese club, by accident, with a band, and finally ended up at a local Thai club (yes in Singapore) with many many different singers singing pop and boy band songs.. they love that shit out here!

The next day I got bubble tea and then we went to Bugis Street Shops (which was amazing and cheap and I want to go back with money so I can get a new wardrobe), then we went to Sim Lim Square, which is this HUGE building with about 7-10 floors of electronics, I also tried this waffle ice cream thing that was pretty good, we also visited Little India, and then later that night we went out to eat for crab (DELICIOUS Crab) with his friends, then to this AMAZING ice cream place. That night we went to a couchsurfing meeting!  It was really great, AND (the main reason I wanted to go) Sammi and Cody were there!!  So I got to see them again.  :)

Then it was a day full of Sentosa island, which is basically an island of amusement parks and fun. We rode Luges, a sky ride (which is basically a ski lift lol), watched some people surf on fake waves, saw an amazing sunset on the water, and went back via a gondola over the water and some of the city. That night, we went to the biggest most crowded club I've ever seen.. Zouk. It was soo great!!  I was the only Westerner there and for 3 hours we couldn't get in because it was at full capacity.

Then it was time for goodbye, I had such an awesome time with Anson, and staying with his family.

Thanks soo much love.

He went with me to the airport, which was really sweet, but we went quite a bit early.. I wasn't sure why, bit he said there were a lot of things to do there.

THE SINGAPORE AIRPORT IS INSANELY AMAZING!

This place is like an amusement park in itself..
Wi-Fi everywhere.
Pool.
Gardens.. inside!
Movie theater.
A mall.
Massage chairs - for FREE!
Has places for kids to color.
Butterfly garden.
Free Xbox games.
Free tours.

And I found out later that it was voted best airport in the world last year! 3 terminals of awesome.

If you ever have a layover at the Singapore Airport.. make it a long one!

<3 M

Now it's off to Siem Reap, Cambodia, to meet up and travel with Ally for the next month or so!









No comments:

Post a Comment