Saturday, December 1, 2012

Leipzig (last place in Deutschland)

The fact that Leipzig is the last city in Germany I plan to visit this time in Europe makes me a bit sad:(

But I've decided my next goal in life:
Learn German and come back.
    I really wish America had a better method of teaching foreign languages, one that allows us to remember them maybe? Make everyone study abroad or something.. immerse students into the culture. 

Leipzig was awesome, I got there Thursday night and spend all day their yesterday. The first night there I made cookies with my host's roommate, Uli. Then her other roommate, Jorg, joined us for some carrot and potato soup, then Franzi got home (the one who accepted my friend request).  She made some chai tea, and we just hung out talking foe the night. It was awesome, by the time I went to bed, I felt so happy and comfortable there:)

The next day, Franzi and I walked around the city center, Leipzig is beautiful!!  I'm soo happy I chose to come to this city. There was literally one big WeihnachtsMarkt lining most the city center streets. It was great!  Like the whole city center was one big Christmas Market!!  I had a waffle with vanilla cream in the middle, roasted almonds, and another pastry with schicken und kasse.  We Also went to the Uni to go on the computers because get this, they don't have internet in their flat!  It was a bit freeing really to not have Wi-Fi for 2 nights.

Yesterday night I met Franzi's boyfriend Craig, and we went to the Christmas market, looked around and drank some GluhWein! It was awesome. Later on that night, we just had some tea and then had to say goodbye:( 

I had an awesome time in Leipzig. Craig and Franzi are going to Indonesia in February..  maybe we'll get to meet up!  That would be awesome!

Next stop: Prague (Praha)

<3

*Oh..
I totally forgot to mention, IT SNOWED TODAY!!!

**And...
I had the best hot chocolate that I've ever had in my entire life here.. it seriously tasted like pure melted milk chocolate with maybe a drop of milk.

***One last thing..
I am on the train to Prague, and just passed Dresden.. it looked gorgeous!  I need to make it back here, next time knowing German!








No comments:

Post a Comment