Thursday, November 15, 2012

Leuven, Belgium

Today, my friend Didier (who I'm staying with) and I went to Leuven for the day!  It was great.. we took a train there and just walked around all day!  It was more city like, not as much as Brussels, but the buildings definitely looked more like city buildings than Bruge or Gent (my Gent post will be coming soon)... Meaning, they didn't look like Christmas trees at the top of them:) It was still small though.. around the size of Bruge, we could walk everywhere.

We passed quite a few churches, heard a lot of bells ringing, and quite a bit of shopping streets. One building sticks out in my mind though.. it was soo peculiar looking.. when I saw it, I just thought, if there was a skeleton of a church, this is what it would look like. All the walls of this (what I think was a) church were laced with statues.. there was no just flat wall it was just statues upon statues all the way up to the tipsy tops of the church. I have a few photos below of it. Its actually not a church at all.. just looked it up, it's town hall lol.

It was quite a bit chilly today, colder than it has been for sure, so after about 2 hours of just wandering down quieter, off the beaten path streets, we sat in a cafe and just talked and defrosted for awhile. ;)  it was soo nice..  and warm.. and full of great conversions together. It's going to be sad once I leave Didier's..  I've been here since Monday and am thinking I'll be leaving on Saturday after a punk concert we go to tomorrow night!

We're headed to an Irish pub for dinner tonight :) looking forward to some Irish coffee and some bangers and mash!  And maybe even some English speaking people too!

Nope!  Had pasta carbonara!  And it.was.delicious!  We also had cider (which they serve with ice!!) and Irish coffee!

Yum!



1 comment:

  1. That building is crazy!
    I'm looking forward to hearing about the concert!

    ReplyDelete