Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bruge, Belgium

I came up from Gent to Bruge for a little day trip :)   I've seen the name of this city spelled 3 different ways: Bruge, Bruges, and Brugge. I'll stick with Bruge because that's the first way I ever saw it.  Also there's different pronunciations.. broosh (like rouge in the Moulin Rouge) and broog-eh or broog-a. Bruge is a bit smaller that Gent.

Every building here is made of some sort of brick, whether it be red, painted white, brown, purple, yellow, natural, or painted gray, there are just a TON of awesome looking brick buildings!  I wish I my eyes were a camera or that I had a GoPro camera stuck to me.. but then I'd REALLY look like a bloody tourist!  I wish I could really show you how all these brick buildings/houses are also all connected, with cobblestone roads in between. I tried my best with the following photos. It's soo great to just walk around here all day, I had no problem spending 7 hours just walking today.

It might be the most romantic little city I've been to yet, with romantic parks, architecture, and swans.. it a good thing I'm travelling alone......... Not! But in getting away from the fact I have no one to kiss lol, in fact.. this park I'm in right now would be good for some intense hide and seek!

I also stumbled upon this really awesome comic book shop. And upstairs they had tons of posters, it was great! My friend Matt Long would've peed his pants in here!  I would've gotten you one Matt, but I don't have room in my bag and you wouldn't have understood it anyway, it being in Dutch lol.

Let me just say.. walking past a waffle or chocolate shop every 5 meters is really beginning to kill my budget. Also, the garages behind houses/flats... They aren't for cars, they're for bikes!

I feel like this would definitely be a good Christmas city.. there are constantly church bells playing songs throughout the city, and for some reason, it just reminds me of Christmastime! Maybe it's just because.of the weather, or the fact that I'm excited to spend it in Europe! (Even though I'm going to miss my family like an insane amount of crazy)! Also, I went to my first Christmas shop today!!

Random note:
- Had Waffle #6 today.. aaand
- Have I mentioned yet that in more places than not so far on this Euro-trip, servers in restaurants take orders with an electronic pad!?  Cuz they do!  I had no idea they did that!  Technological life of the future...











No comments:

Post a Comment