Monday, September 24, 2012

Will it be all it's cracked up to be?

"Don't ever wonder "if only." Big trips like these are a once in a lifetime experience. You might go and find out that all you ever wanted was to go back to your office cubicle, or you might return knowing you are destined for greater things. The most important thing is the path that led you there..."

This is a quote from a travel book I just finished reading. It speaks soo many truths..

Right now I'm sitting in the Washington Dulles airport and my flight was just delayed until 10:30! Mann this is gonna be a late free dinner!  So since I have the time.. and since I still have data on my phone, I figured I'd write about my fears and expectations for this adventure.

I don't even know where to start..

Fears.
Loneliness.
Missing my amazing family.
Missing my all of my most wonderful friends.
Missing the comfort of a home.
My shower.
Getting lost.
Having too high of expectations.
Not loving the world (which seems nearly impossible)...

Expectations.
To experience everything that God has given us in this part of the world.. and to fall on love with it.
To try new things.
To learn new things.
To learn through experience, not from a book (though I sure do love to read!)
To feel new things.
To be out of my comfort zone, and grow because of it.
To grow stronger because of things that don't go the way I want them to.
To feel utterly myself.. and be absolutely ok with it.
To come home happier and humbled.

To truly meet, get to know, and love this world that we've been so blessed with.

So will it be all it's cracked up to be? I don't know but there's no way in hell I'm ever asking "what if..."

4 comments:

  1. You're so wise, you really and truly are. I have seen many states of Miranda, and I really look forward to getting to know this side of you too even if it is through your blog. I know I might sound a little creepy, haha, but I totally want to know more about you, lady. You're such an amazing person, I'm so glad we are friends. You are going to have such a fantastic time and have so many wonderful and eye opening experiences. I am seriously so excited for you, even though I miss you greatly already, and it's only been what, five hours since I last saw you?! Oh, man. It's gonna be a long 6+ months.
    Safe travels, my dear. I'll be thinking of you!
    Oh, and you better not forget my birthday, just saying! :]
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wayy too sweet. Thanks soo much for this message Kayleigh, it really means a lot. &.. I WON'T FORGET YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

      Delete
  2. loveee it!!!! this reiterates more and more that the decision to go was the perfect decision! so proud of you miranda! jeremy and i are praying for you everyday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too good to me. Love you dear, I'm praying for you guys too!

      Delete