Sunday, September 30, 2012

Catedral de Barcelona - Gothic Cathedral in Barcelona

Right now I am sitting outside the Catedral de Barcelona.  It is magnificently beautiful. I just finished going to mass at the most beautiful church in which I've ever attended mass.  There were definitely times where I did not understand what they were saying, because it was all in Spanish, but I expected that, what I didn't expect was how much it would move me. It's amazing how thousands of miles away from home, and my home parish, there are still people all over the world praising our most wonderful and amazing God, with the same prayers, meanings and motions. It was lovely; I may not have understood word for word what the priests and readers were saying, but I knew what they and what the mass meant. It is beautiful. That meaning will never change.. no matter where I may be. There will always be a church to praise with. As I was sitting inside listening to the readings, I let my mind wander, and as I looked around, I just kept thinking to myself, how beautiful it is that something this amazing was built for our God and as a place we can all feel safe and praise him.

It is soo good.

As I continued to pray I realized that something I am struggling with on this trip so far is making sure I am doing it all for the right reasons and being thankful of it. 

The main reason I love to travel so much is because it makes me feel truly alive. It makes me feel alive because as I travel, I am able to see and learn about all the things we have been given and blessed with. And as much as I can, and to the best of my ability, I am able to experience all that God has given us. This planet. Earth. It's People. Culture. Land. Diversity.  Vulnerability. Scares. Strength. Growth. And love. Traveling allows me to truly experience this. If I am doing it in Him.

Tonight, I am thankful, and beyond humbled.






No comments:

Post a Comment