Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What to do...

Europe.  I would like to travel around Europe, I always have, and here's my chance!


But, I don't want to waste these next few months on just myself, so I've also decided to volunteer!  In Southeast Asia! Southeast Asia, is somewhere I've never ever been before, and I have heard soo many good things about it!  Which country might you ask!?

Thailand!  So why Thailand?  I have nothing else except for some reason, I felt a tug at my heart for it.  I have known people to travel there, who have only ever said good things about it.  People I met in Australia, friends from here, they have all said Thailand is amazing.  So after Europe, whenever that may be, I will be teaching English & doing community work in Chiang Rai, Thailand :)

In Europe I am traveling with my friend Leslie.  Who I met the first time I traveled to Europe in high school! We were in the same program.  We are going to fly into London on the 25th September.  Finding each other should be interesting, seeing as though we have different flights.  We are arriving there within 5 minutes of each other, I just hope we end up in the same terminal, if not... then it should be very interesting!  After London, we will be heading to Spain, first an island called Ibiza, then we will go to Barcelona, then we are going to be pilgrims and walk the Camino de Santiago for about a week, and continue down the coast and into Portugal. After that we will go to Spain's capital, Madrid and then head to Germany! We have a goal of making it to Austria, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland together, but it just depends how the time goes before Leslie leaves to come home on the 24th of October from Munich.  After she leaves, I have personal goals to make it to at least the Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, France, & Luxembourg.  I also have a friend in Stuttgart, Germany, who I met while travelling in Australia!  So I am hoping to definitely visit with her for a bit.

Ideally, before I head to Thailand I would love to work and make a little extra money for a bit.  Whether it is working at a hostel or being a fruit picker in Italy... After I get to Thailand, I am hoping to travel on the weekends with other volunteers to surrounding countries including, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, and maybe even China!

I will be trying to blog as much as I can, it's my goal that I blog everyday, but understand I may not have wifi everyday, so if I have to skip any, I will catch you up.

Please! Comments are welcome!!  In my blog for Australia, I ended up stopping it half way through because I wasn't getting much response.. I am writing this to update all my friends and family, but also for myself.  Mostly to come back to in a few years and read, and it definitely helps to know others are reading and enjoying my entries & I would LOVE to get updated on you guys too!!  So please, share any questions or comments you may have!!


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing trip! Wish you the best of luck on your journey and hope to see pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve!! :) I'm gonna miss you guys a lot <3

    ReplyDelete