Thursday, May 30, 2013

On the plane home:

I literally just woke up from sleeping and thought to myself, what the hell am I doing going home? 

There are soo many thoughts and emotions going through my head right now.. I'm really worried about reverse culture shock and all the changes that have taken place at home; friends moving away, going back to school, new girlfriends, boyfriends, different living situations, etc...

But I'm also worried about what is to come of me in the fall. I've just gone around the world, and I'll be damned if I come back and live in Brunswick for another year.  I need to save money though, and pay off my little debt from this wonderful trip.

So I could work in northeast Ohio, live at home a bit, then ideally find a flat with a friend.. in one of the cooler areas of Cleveland or Akron.

I've really been considering working at an international school in Europe, but understand that it may be too late to find one of those positions.

Or if I find no jobs anywhere, not all will be lost, because I'm totally up for going back to Asia and teaching some English.

I really would rather teach science though.

Wants always change, and I think I'll be happiest if I do what I want at the moment I want to. 

So many times we act and do things because it's what you think you're "supposed" to do.. Other people expect you to live your life a certain way, society expects you to live a certain way.  Don't get me wrong though, I think that those who go from high school to college to work to marriage to children to carrier and family can still be happy..  I just think that they may also miss out on some of the best learning experiences you could ever have.  Experiences that test your fear, your comfort zone, charade and language skills (Hah),.experiences that force you to truly depend on yourself, in turn causing you to learn about yourself, change what you don't like, and appreciate what you do. 

Travelling also allows you to be a more all around person, to be more loving and accepting of other people and cultures, and of yourself.

I truly believe in getting to know the world, and I truly plan to keep on doing it.

So, don't be surprised.

<3 M




No comments:

Post a Comment